If you aren’t using gift baskets or gift sets as a selling tool, you are missing out on an opportunity to garner more sales. Offering gift sets and baskets is a valuable selling tool that can accomplish multiple objectives:
- New way to promote slow-moving products (pair slow movers with popular items)
- Introduce customers to new products (offering special price for sets)
- Capitalize on the “instant gift” nature of gift baskets and gift sets (quick and easy!)
- Perfect for “last minute” gifts (think Christmas, Mother’s Day, Easter, Graduation, etc.)
Leveraging the Power of Gift Sets
A bit of creative thinking can go a long way to scoring additional sales throughout the year. Have you considered offering:
- A gift reminder service (perfect for forgetful husbands and boyfriends)
- Gift registry service (for birthdays, anniversaries, graduation, Christmas, brides, etc.)
- Custom gift set service (hostess gifts, new mother sets, spa-at-home parties, etc.)
What Should You Put in a Gift Set?
The key to creating a well-received gift set is to keep the products relevant, without being trivial. You don’t want the gift recipient to feel as if they received a “generic” gift, but rather one that was selected especially for them.
As an artisan bath and body product producers, you have a wealth of collateral products that can be added to your gift sets. Use your imagination to find unique pampering gift items that will compliment those that you produce.
Look for items such as:
- Bath Mitts or sponges
- Bath pillow
- Nail files or cuticle kit
- Pumice Stone
- Spa Slippers
- Relaxing music
- Herbal tea
- Floating candles, or incense
A Word About Containers
You don’t have to use traditional packaging for your gift sets. In fact, you’ll invariably sell more sets when you employ your creativity! You might want to make up small sets packaged in oversized teacups, sheer organza drawstring bags, colorful totes or mini purses, novelty take-out boxes, or even in ceramic floral containers. When you package your gift sets in a non-traditional container that can be used again, the recipient is also gaining an “extra” gift!
Want more fabulous formulations and savvy sales tips? Subscribe to my FREE Make Your Own Spa Products E-Course.